The Central data concentrator (CDC) is the main device that provides bidirectional communication between the data server and the smart meters on the customer side through the data concentrators.
It is a necessary element in the system infrastructure for remote monitoring and distribution network management.
The key CDC features:
- CDC-SERVER = transmission of the operational data from the data concentrators towards the main server
- CDC-SERVER = data channel for CDC parameterization
- real-time configuration changes
- meter readings planning
- data network testing
- CDC remote administration
- defined conditions automatic reporting
- data transfer from meters through MBUS / DLMS / DLMS-COSEM / MOD-BUS